Manhood and Womanhood in Creation
- Male and female are both created with equal value and dignity in God’s sight. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” (Gen 1:27)
- Remember that while we are equal in dignity and value before God, we also have different roles and functions as male and female. Seen in principle in these verses: “Husbands, LOVE your wives…” and “Wives, SUBMIT to your own husbands” (Eph 5:25, 22) (Titus 2:4-5; 1 Tim 5:14; Gen 3:17-19)
Manhood and Womanhood After the Fall
- Both males and females sinned in Adam and were (or are) at one time both equally guilty before God. “Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin,and so death spread to all men because all sinned…” (Rom 5:12).
- Both men and women are under the power of sin and both guilty before God. “What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, [and males and females] are under sin…” (Rom 3:9)
Manhood and Womanhood in Redemption
Remember that God’s elect (male and female) are both equally loved by God:
- Equally loved from ETERNITY. “…even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world…” (Eph 1:4).
- Equally REDEEMED by the precious blood of Christ. “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” (Gal 3:28). Bless the LORD, O my soul!
- Equally BAPTISED into the same Spirit. “For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free-—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.” (1 Cor 12:13).
- Equal HEIRS of eternal life. “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.” (1 Pet 3:7)
- We have an equal place in the loving, Fatherly purposes of God for our futures–relationship wise, work wise, health wise, ministry wise etc! Our singleness or marriage is in His eternal, holy hands. “… according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will…” (Eph 1:11). “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” (Rom 8:28)
- Etc, etc, etc!